Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Review: Catch Me If You Can: The True Story of a Real Fake

Catch Me If You Can: The True Story of a Real Fake Catch Me If You Can: The True Story of a Real Fake by Frank W. Abagnale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a brilliantly written true crime memoir. It has been on my to-read list for a long time and I'm really glad I finally got a chance to pick it up. Even though Abagnale's deeds seem outlandish throughout the entire novel, I really enjoyed his quirky and humorous narrative of the crimes. In addition to his resume of crimes, his endeavors provided insights to current problems with identity theft. The only reason why this autobiography did not receive 5 stars for me is the abrupt ending. [Just when I was beginning to sympathize with Abagnale for overcoming his life of crime at the Swedish prison, he abandons that persona and attempts to escape capture in the United States. Even though he justified his actions to his previous experience in the prison in Boston, I immediately lost all respect for Frank, because I wanted to also read about how he reformed himself and started his fraud-detection business.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quick and adventurous read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment