Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Review: This Star Won't Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl

This Star Won't Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl This Star Won't Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl by Esther Earl
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1-star: did not like it
2-stars: it was okay
3-stars: liked it
4-stars: really liked it
5-stars: it was amazing

First of all, I would like to start off by saying that Esther Earl is definitely an amazing and kind-hearted person. She has probably inspired and helped thousands of people that she has either met in real life or online. However, this book, which is basically a compilation of all her writings and art, was just okay. And thus, the reason why I ended up giving this book 2 stars. Her story did not strike me as phenomenal, and quite frankly, I don't think it would have even existed if she hadn't met John Green. The main focal point that is brought up over and over again through her writings is how nice Esther is but isn't that how people are supposed to behave from a day to day basis? It not book-worthy. Plus, the book also came with heavy religious undertones...something I think needs a disclaimer statement before I pick it up.

I didn't particularly enjoy this book but I feel like it might be suited for people who personally knew Esther and followed her through her battle with cancer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment