Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Review: The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

***NOTE: I received a copy of this book from the publishers for an unbiased review.

Don't judge a book by its cover. The cover of this book is great, but the content is close to trash. As a disclaimer, I would like to say that I am not the biggest fan of young adult contemporary. This book further solidifies that dislike. I just had so many problems with this book that I don't even know where to start.

--This book was just flat out cringe-worthy. Ugh. The protagonist is an extremely unlikable girl who is basically the same horrible person from beginning to end. Personally, I like to read for a big "so what" statement that shows personal growth. But this book had nothing, except it was a huge waste of time.
(view spoiler)
These are just some of the major points that I can currently list off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now.

In essence, this was definitely one of the WORST books I've read this year. I wouldn't force this on anyone let alone read it. Don't bother to waste your money on this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment