Thursday, July 7, 2016

Review: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So many of my friends have recommended this book to me so I finally decided to buy and read it. The 7 habits introduced were divided into personal and interpersonal behaviors:

(view spoiler)

...and that's the gist of the entire book. Even though it honestly provided me with incredibly insightful personal and interpersonal skills that I plan to later apply to my life, the book was 200 pages longer than it actually needed to be. For example, chapter 6 could have been integrated through the other chapters and the introduction to the concepts were completely unnecessary. When the book hit a major interest point, I would take notes and annotate the passage. However, there were paragraphs where I aloof.

Overall, I liked how the author delivered the message to encourage a change in mentality for future generations of businesses and individuals alike. I would definitely recommend for everyone to read this at least once in their lifetime.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment