Friday, July 29, 2016

Review: The Wrath & the Dawn

The Wrath & the Dawn The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After being recommended this book from various friends and online sources, I finally decided to read it on my Kindle. Let me tell you, this story was thrilling! I love the plot, the strong female protagonist, and the unexpected romance. Ahdieh had a way of telling the story that just had me hanging on to every word.

Why this book is incredible:
1. The character interaction was hilarious and very realistic (something many YA novels I have read has a problem with). Shahrzad is a strong female lead that stands for what she believes. (view spoiler)

2. For the most part, I loved this retelling. A Thousand and One Nights has always been one of my favorite fairy tale growing up and I think Ahdieh did an amazing job spinning it into her own tale.

Why this book didn't get 5 stars from me:
My final rating for this book is 4.5 stars and unfortunately, I cannot round it up to 5. Everything about this story and the characters are great...but the ending was so anticlimactic! I mean, I understand that there is a sequel, but (view spoiler) Upon reaching the final pages, I suddenly found myself losing interest in the book, and that's something that should never occur in an outstanding novel.

Overall, I would recommend this book to all of my friends. It's a short, fun, and romantic read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment