Thursday, July 21, 2016

Review: The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was so excited when my little brother got this book for me for my birthday. Multiple friends have recommended this book to me and even warned me to read it with a tissue box. Unfortunately, the story did not live up to the hype...or even its movie adaptation for that matter. I didn't end up crying and I barely laughed at the "funny, little awkward moments". If it wasn't for the 'okay' ending, I would have probably ended up giving this disappointment 2 stars.

(view spoiler)

Overall, this was a short and quick read, but it wasn't for me. I liked the concepts and themes presented by the author, but the interactions between the characters really killed it for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment