Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Review: Me Before You

Me Before You Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finished this book about 20 minutes ago and I'm still in tears. Wow! When I first started reading this (Sam Claflin and Emilia Clarke are in this movie...#mustread!), I already knew it was going to be a tragic love story. But I never expected it to be emotionally inspiring and heartbreakingly hilarious at the same time. Both Will and Lou were extremely lovable and relatable characters that make you laugh in the middle of even the worst situations.

Aside from the unprecedented love story that developed through Will and Lou's interactions, I really appreciated the ultimate message that translated the story: make your own decisions and live your life with no regrets. Though Will ultimately (view spoiler)

Another thing I really enjoyed from this book is how realistic the characters are portrayed. In some of the recent books that I have completed earlier in the year, the characters and their emotions just all seemed so fake (or maybe it's preference of a certain writing style). Lou and Will will make you laugh even in situations when you feel like it's not acceptable or it's too awkward to laugh. And despite the fact that they grew up from different backgrounds, it is obvious from their interactions that they were really perfect for each other.

Even though I know there is a second book, I don't plan on reading it because I think this is as conclusive as it will get for me (plus, New Moon totally ruined Twilight for me). I would definitely recommend this book to everyone who need another inspirational voice in their lives.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment