Monday, August 15, 2016

Review: The Girl on the Train

The Girl on the Train The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh my goodness! This book was so crazy good that I was able to finish it in one sitting (and in between watching Olympic competitions). First of all, I honestly had no idea was to expect when I first started reading this. When the characters were first introduced, I thought all of them were horrible people. This actually made it easier for me to feel completely indifferent when all these terrible things start happening to them (what goes around comes around, I guess).

The story is told from three different women's points of view, all extremely untrustworthy as the reader will understand as the plot unfolds:
(view spoiler)

Why this book is a must-read:
1. It will literally change your perspective on how people interact and their true intentions. This book definitely did not hold back. It provides very dark and realistic thoughts that haunt the minds of insecure people. (view spoiler)
2. I loved the pace of this novel! Like Gone Girl, this was one of those books where it almost became impossible to put down until you got to the end. The writing was gripping and each chapter and POV changed kept me wanting to find out what the hell happened to Megan.

Why this book got four instead of five stars:
(view spoiler)

I recommend this book to all mystery and thriller fans, especially if you enjoy Gillian Flynn's works.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment