Monday, August 1, 2016

Review: Yes Please

Yes Please Yes Please by Amy Poehler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Amy Poehler has always been one of my favorite female comedians (aside from Tina Fey), so after reading Bossypants, I knew I had to also read this book. And I wasn't disappointed. Amy was funny, realistic, and blatant in how she views the world, which is what I expected memoirs to be. She mentions growing up in her family, suffering through post-modem depression, and living the life of a druggie. Occasionally, she will also throw in some comedic relief and feminist advocacy to help characterize her life. My all-time favorite chapter of the book was when she talked about her experience working on SNL and Parks and Rec (one of my favorite comedies). I binge watched all of Parks and Rec in 2 weeks a couple of months ago, so her favorite scene picks were a delight to enjoy reading.

(view spoiler)

Overall, I would recommend this book for everyone to read at least once. Feminists, buy it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment