Thursday, August 31, 2017

August 2017 Wrap Up and September 2017 TBR!

August Wrap Up

It the last day of August and basically the last day of summer! That means it's time for another monthly wrap up. This month, I finished a total of 8 books for a total of 3321 pages. Here's how I rated the books I read (rounded to the nearest star):

5 Stars - 2 books
4 Stars - 3 books
3 Stars - 1 books
2 Stars - 1 books
1 Star - 1 books

After including partial ratings, my ratings averaged to be 3.38 stars, which significantly less than the average ratings last month. I think this is mostly because I read a couple of books that I really disliked. 

List of Books:
  1. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stone - 1 Star
  2. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi - 4.5 Stars
  3. Difficult Women by Roxane Gay - 4 Stars
  4. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas - 4.75 Stars
  5. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - 3.25 Stars
  6. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas - 1.75 Stars
  7. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley - 4 Stars
  8. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn - 3.75 Stars
I'm feeling pretty good about these books since 5 of them were on my TBR at the beginning of the month.

September TBR!

Since school is picking back up and I still have a lot of experiments to complete, I will be cutting down the usual length of my list. I'm not one of those seasonal readers, so my TBRs are still all over the place.
  1. Real Food/Fake Food by Larry Olmsted
  2. The Secret History of Wonder Women by Jill Lepore
  3. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
  4. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
  5. The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter
  6. The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need by Andrew Tobias
Let me know if you have other suggestions or which one you think I should read first!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment