Thursday, August 31, 2017

Review: Brave New World

Brave New World Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I expected to be really bored by this book but ended up really enjoying the concepts and storyline that unfolded. When this book first came out, the author was critiqued to include an extensive amount of sexual content. Even though the case is true, I believed that Huxley was using sex as an element to build his fictional dystopia.

My favorite parts of the novel were when Mustapha Mond was introducing the world and how they calibrated their normality and when John's image of this "Brave New World" was shattered when he realized that there was no true freedom in this society. There were definitely some events that crept me out given the current state of our scientific advancements and social norms.

Honestly, I'm glad that I read this now so I could appreciate the central message of the novel, instead of picking this book off the AP reading list in high school.

Overall rating: 4 Stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment