Monday, July 31, 2017

July 2017 Wrap Up and August 2017 TBR!

July Wrap Up

Oh my goodness! It's the last day of July already! That means it's time for another monthly wrap up. I had the best reading month of the year in July, completing 13 books for a total of 4079 pages. For me, this is is a huge number. Here's how I rated the books I read (rounded to the nearest star):

5 Stars - 4 books
4 Stars - 2 books
3 Stars - 7 books
2 Stars - 0 books
1 Star - 0 books

After including partial ratings, my ratings averaged to be 3.73 stars, which means that I have read a lot of average books, but also a lot of memorable 5-star books. 

List of Books:
  1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Short Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald - 3 Stars
  2. Landline by Rainbow Rowell - 3 Stars
  3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling - 5 Stars
  4. Hamilton the Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter - 5 Stars
  5. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*** by Mark Manson - 4 Stars
  6. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert - 2.75 Stars
  7. Caraval by Stephanie Gerber - 3.25 Stars
  8. Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari - 4.25 Stars
  9. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon - 4.5 Stars
  10. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee - 3 Stars
  11. Into the Water by Paula Hawkins - 3.25 Stars
  12. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain - 3 Stars
  13. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling - 4.5 Stars

August TBR!

I will still make a TBR even though I usually never end up following it. I always just think that I'll get to the book eventually.
  1. The Complete Novels and Stories of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  2. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
  3. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
  4. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
  5. Difficult Women by Roxane Gay
  6. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
  7. Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
  8. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
  9. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Let me know if you have other suggestions or which one you think I should read first!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment