Monday, July 24, 2017

Review: When Dimple Met Rishi

When Dimple Met Rishi When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was definitely my favorite book that I read for the 24in48 readathon. It was JUST SO FREAKING CUTE! I know there are a lot of people that say Dimple was rude to her parents and Rishi for the first half of the novel. But honestly, as a daughter of immigrant parents, I can see where she was coming from. Now that I am older, I know when to ignore comments and establish a better relationship with them, but I think I was probably just as bad as Dimple at her age.

Obviously, this wasn't a perfect love story (I didn't give it 5 stars), because I didn't understand how fast Rishi fell for Dimple, but I guess that also has to do with the fact that he had been in love with the idea of her even before they met. And can I just point out that Rishi is like the perfect boyfriend? He has found his place in the world and treats Dimple with the respect that she has always been seeking from her parents. Even his imperfections, such as his relationship with his brother, are endearing.

Overall, I thought this was a really cute and quick read, and I would definitely recommend it for the summer.

Overall rating: 4.5 Stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment