Monday, July 31, 2017

Review: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

EDIT: 7/31/2017

I first read this book in elementary school and then probably reread it again sometime in middle school. I have always remembered disliking this book because I, like Ron, am terrified of spiders. Rereading this book as an adult and after completing this series made me see all the details that J. K. Rowling used to build up to the seventh book. Honestly, this lady is a queen.

And can I just say that Rowling's sense of humor is so on point. I don't like Malfoy until the later books, but his line to Goyle--"Honestly, if you were any slower, you’d be going backward."--had me choking on my water.
Another favorite: “That’d be a cheerful visit,” said Ron, “ ‘Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?”
The comedic relief in the midst of the tension and stress of finding the Heir of Slytherin was just so perfect. Ugh...

It's not my favorite Harry Potter book, but I have such a high appreciation for this novel. Would definitely recommend.

Overall rating: 4.5 Stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment