Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Review: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button And Other Stories

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button And Other Stories The Curious Case of Benjamin Button And Other Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is one of the best and thought-provoking short stories I have ever read. I personally thought it was really interesting how the author portrayed the end of Benjamin's life similar to that of an old man's life and the backward emotional development that took a toll on the life of people around Benjamin. At various points in this story, I wish Fitzgerald could have elaborated more on the plot and character development, but I guess there wasn't much to expand upon for a short story.

As for the rest of the stories, I finally remembered why I didn't like The Great Gatsby. There's just something in the way Fitzgerald writes that really doesn't pique my interest. I wasn't invested in any of the characters, and some of the plots just felt like people were going through weird emotional dilemmas coming from the middle of nowhere. Perhaps I also lost interest in the stories after listening to Benjamin Button.

Here are my ratings for each individual short stories:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: 4.5 / 5 Stars
Babylon Revisited: 3 / 5 Stars:
Three Hours Between Planes: 3.5 / 5 Stars
The Bridal Party: 2.5 / 5 Stars
The Lost Decade: 2 / 5 Stars

Overall rating: 3 Stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment